Simple basic recipes make baking-Gluten free so easy! Almost healthy and is a great treat hot, warm, or cold – Desserts are a joy and a great way to complete a dinner !
This Impossible Coconut Pie belonged to a dear work colleague of several years ago – (so thanks Naomi xx) and now we all get to share her wonderful Impossible Pie
To serve maybe dust with icing sugar, and add some garnish for a fancy serve… some violets, rose petals or strawberries 😊
2 cups of milk
½ cup GF plain (All purpose) flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
4 large free range eggs
1¼ cups of sugar
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of sweetened flaked (or shaved) coconut
(I use ½ cup of sugar only, if I can buy sweetened flaked coconut in the supermarket)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C – 350*F
- Butter a 9 – 10-inch / 25cm pie dish well. Set aside.
- Add milk, flour, salt, baking powder, eggs, sugar and vanilla into a food processor or blender. Blend together for approx. 1 minute.
- Add ½ the coconut and blend for a second or so longer.
- Pour this mixture into the buttered pie dish and put the remainder of the coconut over the top of the mixture evenly
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the edges are set and the centre is just firm
- Remove from the oven, lovely served warm, or let cool – Can be warmed in a microwave …. lovely served – cooled in summer.
- If cooling and serving later, chill in the refrigerator.
I really appreciate your comments – shared photos and/or ideas….
Your contributions make this all worthwhile, with thanks – Sandy 🙂