Great base – My absolute loyaly to Womens Weekly Yr 2000 Cook Book with some Sandy variations to follow…… 🙂
3 medium sized zucchini
1 medium brown onion sliced
1 large clove garlic crushed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into long ribbon-like
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan – add onion and garlic stirring until onion is soft.
- Add zucchini; cook stirring until it is just soft.
- Stir in lemon juice, and serve 🙂
Some ….. Sandy Ideas 🙂
- Add some flaked Parmesan cheese to top for serving
- Prepare butter, garlic and onion in the saucepan… add the zucchini and carrot only long enough to cover the ribbons with the butter and serve as a salad.
- Adding to that idea – add some herbs of choice – (mint, basil, parsley,..) some flaked Parmesan cheese, or crumbled Feta cheese…. some walnuts or roasted pine nuts…
- If we are doing salad…. what out ribbons of rock-melon too ….
- and …. excellent recipe for Zucchini based (replacement styled) pasta if you are lucky enough to have a spaghetti peeler.
So many ideas from one little recipe base – Hope you get to enjoy this – 🙂
That’s about all the ideas for these last few minutes – I’d love your comments or suggestions – thanks Sandy