(An Absolute Family favourite and so simple for Gluten Free afternoon teas )
• 3 medium size egg whites,
• 3/4 cup pure icing sugar
• 2½ – 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325F (160C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and sugar until foamy.
3. Add in the shredded coconut and stir gently with a spatula.
4. Make a ball with your hand, squeezing the ball a little. If you think it is too dry and doesn’t hold together, add one small egg white. If you think it is too moist, add a little extra coconut.
5. Drop macaroon mixture in ball shapes on the parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Open the oven to check – may need a few more minutes until their top gets golden.
7. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving
8. Keep them in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
9. (Good luck we never get to 4 days – Sandy)