Tabbouleh is a perfect side dish; so healthy – goes with almost anything! Fantastic with hummus or baba ghanoush and different meats (barbequed) Quinoa replaces original buckwheat and makes this recipe vegan, gluten-free and full of antioxidants – just tastes fresh and wonderful!
Makes ample for 4-6 people or as separate serves over a few days. –
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 3-4 Bunches Flat-leafed parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 ripe medium tomato, chopped
- 1 lemon (rind finely grated and juiced for dressing)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- Cut all vegetables into a size of your choice (usually about ½-1cm) and add all and quinoa to a large bowl and seal with plastic wrap to be airtight and store in the refrigerator
- Put lemon rind, juice, oil, salt and pepper into a jar with a lid and shake well – can also be stored in the refrigerator.
- Salad can be store for several days – the amount required per meal can be served with some of the dressing, and the balance returned to refrigerator
Rocket leaves, Kale, Fresh Mint, Spring Onions, Lebanese cucumbers, Lentils ….